Skin Resurfacing : The Key to Smooth, Youthful Skin.
Have you ever wondered what it is that some stunning celebrities do that makes their skin flawlessly smooth and youthful. The answer is regular skin resurfacing.
Skin Resurfacing is the use of chemical, physical and laser device treatments to remove the top layers of dry, dead and damaged skin to reveal fresh, smooth & healthy skin cells.
A once dramatic and relatively traumatic procedure, modern techniques are more non-invasive and progressive to encourage a gradual age reversal that literally takes years off the look of your skin.
Here are some common and very effective methods of skin resurfacing that will give you skin confidence in a matter of months.
In Clinic Skin Resurfacing Treatments:
- Chemical Peels: Peels come in a variety of different delivery systems ranging from gentle fruit acid and enzyme scrubs thru to multi layered skin dissolving & texture levelling lotion peels. The peel chosen will depend on the extent of the damage, neglect or scarring present and how often you are willing to have in clinic treatments. Some peels *require skin preparation 2 weeks prior to treatment so always ask if the peel you choose needs prepping first. These are some of our most popular chemical peels:
- Cosmedix Blueberry Smoothie Peel – A Refining & brightening dual scrub/lactic acid peel ideal for minor scarring, surface pigmentation & controlling oily skin.
- Aspect Age Deception Peel – A double layered Chocolate, Red Wine, Salicylic & Lactic Acid Peel designed to firm, brighten and activate anti aging processes within the skin.
- Skinstitut Purple Peel – A seriously powerful multi layer fruit acid peel that will remove layers of dead skin cells, surface pigmentation, sun damage & scarring to reveal fresh, healthy skin cells 7 – 14 days later. There is some discomfort in the peeling process with some skin shedding post treatment but the result is amazing once full recovery has been realised.
- Physical Skin Resurfacing: Physical or Manual skin resurfacing uses either a botanical aggressor or disposable device to scrap away layers of dead skin or induce a trauma shedding reaction within the skin. These generally are safer resurfacing options for darker skins as the risk of hyper or hypo-pigmentation is greatly reduced with manual skin resurfacing. These are some of our most popular physical skin resurfacing treatments:
- Cosmedix Deep Sea Peel – A herbal, marine peel that uses coral powder to induce a trauma peel reaction within the skin. Dramatic shedding may be experienced 3 – 7 days post treatment with fantastic skin smoothing results on rough textured, scarred and sun damaged skins.
- Dermaplaning – If facial hair, pumpy skin and dry flaky patches are you concern for you, dermaplaning is the answer. A montly blading session will increase collagen production to firm and smooth the skin whilst removing that pesky facial hair too. This is a very addictive skin resurfacing treatment.
- Collagen Induction Therapy or Skin Needling – The progressive firming and lifting results you receive from skin needling is outstanding. Treatments are performed every 4 – 6 weeks, creating a trauma event in the skin that sheds dry, damaged, scarred and irregular dead cell build up. Even stretch marks can be removed over time with regular treatments.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: Laser skin resurfacing is the use of lasers to either remove layers of skin in sheets or damage columns of layers of skin to speed up the rate at which skin cells renew. The added result of laser skin resurfacing is an increase in collagen production and in some Infrared laser settings speed up the rate of elastin and skin healing also. Either way the result is smoother, brighter, youthful and more hydrated skin. Some lasers are invasive and will require taking leave from work for at least 4 weeks while others such as the ones we use at Soho are non invasive which means they dramatically increase anti aging and healing functions without causing significant damage. One last thing. Make sure the clinic you go to provides a full consultation, medical consent paper work & has Qld Health registered laser safety certified staff. The risk of unrepairable damage by cheap, unregistered or unsupervised trainee technicians is just not worth it.
The non invasive laser skin resurfacing treatments we provide at our Wavell Heights Skin Clinic:
- IPL Skin Rejuvenation : This is a gentle and progressive form of skin resurfacing that speeds up the rate of collagen & hyaluronic acid production whilst removing dead and damaged skin cells via natural exfoliation at a faster rate. Ideal for acne scarring and the first signs of pre-mature aging.
- E Light Skin Rejuvenation: This is for more advanced skin aging. E light is the perfect marriage of RF skin tightening and IPL skin rejuvenation. Not only will this laser skin resurfacing treatment speed up collagen and hyaluronic acid production it will increase the rate at which elastin is produced tightening pores, deeper wrinkles and sagging skin.
- Emerge Fractional Laser: The crème de la crème of non invasive skin resurfacing. Minute columns of infra red laser beams penetrate deep into the skin to cauterize layers of skin cells. This trauma event causes the skin to dramatically speed up all anti aging and skin healing processes. Not only will the skin tighten, scar tissue heal and natural moisture levelling increase, pitted skin will fill up and level the skin surface, pigmentation will fade and redness will reduce. My favourite treatment of all and the down time is minimal, so you could even go back to work after treatment with some mineral foundation to mask the redness.
Products the support Laser Skin Resurfacing results at home.
Dermalogica Daily Resurfacer – A fantastic leave on skin softener and brighter, ideal for eliminating the dry, flaky patches of skin you start to see 5 - 7 days post laser treatment .
Aspect Post Laser Gel – A super hydrator and relaxing skin gel. Use this as a day & night time moisturiser for 3 days post treatment. Your skin will love you for it.
Skinmedica TNS Essential Serum – A super anti-aging and skin rejuvenation dream. This dual cylinder serum firms, repairs, brightens and smoothes the skin plus works synergistically with all forms of light and laser therapy for even better results.
Cosmedix Reflect – This light weight antioxidant, moisturising sunscreen will protect your skin from sun damage and aid the skin repair process. A must for all laser skin treatments.